Manufacturer: EOTech (USA)
Type: Holographic Weapon Sight
I recently sold my EOTech 511 and I wasn’t planning on replacing it with another EOTech. The "N" cell batteries were the biggest problem I had with the 511, but I always liked the compact form factor.
I chose the XPS2-0 due mainly to cost. The 65 MOA ring and 1 MOA dot are the same as my old 511, but the battery life using CR123A batteries will be at least 3x longer then the "N" cell setup. While I was on the fence to get a NV capable XPS3, for the rifle I’ll be putting this on, the XPS2 will be more then sufficient.
Specs from EOTech:
- Single transverse 123 battery to reduce sight length
- Shortened base only requires at most 2 3/4 inch?of rail space compared to the 4 inch N battery sights
- Battery cap and latch are eliminated and replaced with a simple O-ring, tethered cap; better sealing is achieved
- Battery compartment is now separated from the base to allow it to hover over the delta ring of the rifle
- Average battery life at brightness level 12 is roughly 600 hours, 3X battery life of N cell sights
- Reticle:?65MOA?circle with 1 MOA aiming dot
- The XPS2?is?not Night Vision compatible, for Night Vision compatibility see the XPS3 sights.