Manufacturer: Classic Army (Hong Kong)
Wanted to get some info out quickly, so this will be a quickie. There seems to be a nice trend where retailers are doing nice reviews of products now, so as not to duplicate info, checkout AEX's CA249 Review.
- Metal in all the right places.
- Well engineered metal top cover with rail (See Pic).
- US Style Hand Guards and Heat Shield (Real M249 Paras don't have the upper Heat Shield).
- Plastic parts have a flat finish.
- PGC Style gearbox!!! Shoots hard and "easily" upgradeable.
- Classic Army Catalog Shows their AK Also, seems it was used for chrono testing LOL (Nice bb strike went through the whole catalog)
- Pieces fit very tightly together. This can be viewed as a Pro, but in this case it seems to be an engineering deal (i.e. you have to adjust the position of a few items to get an item like the top cover to close properly).
- The outer and inner barrel removal to replace the battery take a little practice (See AEX's CA249 Review).
- Looks to have very limited room in the handguard for battery. Only Mini batterys will fit. But Laylax Battery Sling works well in this situation.
- Heavy! Not for the 98lb weakling. At 14' lbs w/o battery or ammo, it'll give you a field workout. This is about 1 pound lighter then the real steel version.
I may do the mod where you can fit the AEG Battery in the box mag and wire the box mag to the M249's trigger. At this point I still like the option of using M16 style low and mid caps.
Chrono Results (FPS)